The advanced quality Rapid ANTI-HIV (1&2) Test is a colloidal gold enhanced, rapid immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of antibodies to human immunodeffiency virus (HIV) in human whole blood, serum or plasma from all groups (including neonates, pregnant woman, etc). This test is a screening test, and all positives must be confirmed using an alternative test such as a Western Blot.
What’s Included ?
The test kit includes everything you need to complete the test:
- Alcohol preparation pad
How To Use The Kit
Follow these simple steps to complete the test:
- Clean the finger with alcohol swab.
- Bring the safety lancet, and then twist the knob.
- Pull out the knob.
- Place the activated safety lancet firmly on the finger. Push the trigger to prick the finger.
- Draw up blood into the plastic.
- Add one drop of blood to the ‘S’ well.
- Add two drops of sample diluent to the ‘D’ well.
- Wait 15 minutes to interpret the results.
Reading The Test Results
Positive: Both purplish test band and purplish control band appear on the membrane. The lower the antibody concentration, the weaker the test band.
Negative: Only the purplish control band appears on the membrane. The absence of a test band indicates a negative result.
Invalid: There should always be a purplish control band in the control region regardless of the test result. If the control band is not seen, the test is considered invalid. Repeat the test using a new test card.